The Big Face Collection
T-shirts have never taken up much space in my closet, despite its immense popularity in this country. In fact, I can count on one hand how many t-shirts I own. It’s not that I have a blanket aversion to t-shirts (although my daughter claims I do), it’s just so rare that I find a t-shirt that I like – the exception being the Big Face t-shirt collection by The Mountain. The Big Face t-shirt collection is best described as three-dimensional animal faces on a t-shirt that look so real, they appear to pop out at anyone that looks at them. So, when I saw the guinea pig t-shirt, I had to have it since I am somewhat known as a guinea pig when it comes to tasting food.
The Mountain is a t-shirt company in Keene, New Hampshire who designs, creates, dyes, and prints their t-shirts in a factory in Marlborough, New Hampshire and ships them out of their Keene warehouse. In other words, these t-shirts are made in the United States so when you buy a t-shirt from The Mountain, you are supporting the American workforce. In creating their t-shirts, the company is committed to some impressive standards, including:
- Organic reactive dyes are used to create the 600 colors;
- Waterbase inks are used to create the soft feel of the prints on the t-shirts (according to the company, 99.5% of t-shirt printers use petroleum-based inks);
- The t-shirts are 100% preshrunk cotton which means the shirt stays the same size if washed in cold water;
- The Mountain has the highest certification that ensures the t-shirts are free of chemicals that harm the body;
- Invented and uses a dye oxidation system that clears waste dye water without the use of any chemicals; and
- More than 80% of the cotton used for the t-shirts is grown in the USA.
My daughter once told me the only thing wrong with me as a mother was that I wouldn’t allow her to wear t-shirts – and that she was going to let her kids wear t-shirts everyday. I’ve moved away from the blanket prohibition on t-shirts and realize that t-shirts can be a fun fashion statement, especially if from the Big Face collection by The Mountain.
There are nearly 100 different styles in the adult collection including a variety of dogs (Beagle, Cocker Spaniel, Boston Terrier, Boxer, Lab, Chihuahua, Bulldog, German Shepherd, Great Dane, Golden Retriever, Mastiff, Schnauzer, Pit Bull, Pomeranian, Pug, Rottweiler, St. Bernard, Sheltie, Shih Tzu, Yorkie, and more) and animals (bunny, wolf, gorilla, cat, eagle, lion, tiger, shark, pig, panda, cow, elephant, meerkat, bear, panther, cobra, frog, hippo, and more). In youth sizes, there are nearly 40 styles to choose from.
The Big Face collection t-shirts come in adult sizes (S,M,L, XL,2XL,3XL) for $20 and youth sizes (S,M,L,XL) for $14. Order directly from the company at the website listed below. For a 15% discount (good until September 30, 2012), use promotion code: IASATBLOG when checking out. Shipping is free on all orders over $50.