Coco-Roons are what every sweet tooth has been waiting for.
Classics are classics but sometimes things need to be shaken up a bit and that’s just what Wonderfully Raw of Watsonville, California did to the coconut macaroon – a cookie that generally falls into two categories: plain or dipped in chocolate. Not anymore. Drum roll please.
With a passion for pure ingredients, the company added almond flour, cold pressed coconut oil, vanilla extract, and Himalayan crystal salt to come up with the Vanilla Maple Coco-Roon. From there, 6 more varieties followed:
- Brownie: Cocoa makes for one chocolate Coco-Roon.
- Cocoa Nib: The basic Coco-Roon with cocoa nibs for that added crunch and burst of cocoa flavor.
- Almond Strawberry: Almond butter and strawberries added make for a delicious combination.
- Lemon Pie: Lemon zest adds just the right citrus flavor to this Coco-Roon.
- Apple Pie: Organic dehydrated apples, walnuts, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, clove, ginger, chili powder, and lemon gives this Coco-Roon a twist off the old classic all American dessert.
- Dreamsicle: Organic orange juice blends perfectly with coconut to make a light, refreshing Coco-Roon.
Available at grocery stores nationwide for $7-$8 (depending on the retailer) per 6.2 ounce resealable packet. Each packet has about 8 large Coco-Roons. Also available on-line at www.mycocoroons.com and www.vitacost.comTo read more about Coco-Roons, go to the company website: www.mycocoroons.com.