Executive Compensation at the UJA Federation of NY
The United Jewish Appeal Federation of Jewish Philanthropies of NY, Inc is also known as the UJA Federation of NY. Based in New York City, the UJA Federation of NY is primarily engaged in awarding grants: of the $240 million raised in the year ending June 30, 2020, $163 million (68% of revenue) were awarded in grants. The second largest expense was for compensation. 506 employees received $58 million in compensation, or an average of $115,000.
There are 161 independent voting members (directors) of the UJA Federation of NY, of which 96 (60%) are male and 65 (40%) are female.
109 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 13 most highly compensated reported to be:
- $1,119,241: Eric S Goldstein, CEO
- $1,025,899: Mark Medin, EVP, FRD
- $ 720,450: Devana Cohen, CIO
- $ 538,020: Irvin A Rosenthal, CFO
- $ 390,650: Graham Cannon, Chief Marketing Officer
- $ 389,534: Ellen R Zimmerman, Secretary, General Counsel, CCO
- $ 383,711: Deborah Joselow, Chief Planning Officer
- $ 347,492: Stuart Tauber, VP, Regions
- $ 328,676: William Sammers, VP, Planned Giving and Endowments
- $ 307,253: Louisa Chafee, SVP
- $ 306,396: Marc Zuckerman, CIO
- $ 299,207: Joanne Locascio, Controller
- $ 247,491: Courtney Weinstein, VP, Affinity
7 of the 13 (54%) most highly compensated employees are male while 6 of the 13 (46%) are female.
The Form 990 also reports information about the Supplemental non-qualified retirement plan participation: Eric S Goldstein ($487,648 was accrued during the year with respect to two deferred compensation agreements). To read more about this plan and other employee participation, see the Form 990, Schedule J, Part III, Supplemental Information.
55 independent contractors received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 5 most highly compensated reported to be:
- $1.7 million: Stewert Senter, Inc., of Hempstead, NY for construction
- $1.1 million: Da’at Travel Services, of Jerusalem, Israel for mission travel
- $1.1 million: Flik International Corp, of Chicago, IL for food service
- $1.0 million: Zaskorski & Assoc Architects, of NY, NY for construction
- $0.9 million: International Security Associates, of NY, NY for security
To read the IRS Form 990 (2019 for the year ending June 30, 2020), click here.