The American Council on Science and Health (ACSH) sounds like a very important non-profit with all the key buzz words – American, Council, Science, and Health – in its name but in reality ACSH is a very small (raises about $1 million annually and has a $1 endowment) non-profit, tax-exempt 501 (c) (3) whose “mission is to ensure peer reviewed, evidence-based science reaches the public, the media, and the decision makers who determine public policy” except that they don’t according to some. Read more
Why don’t physicians offer the plant-based nutrition option to their patients?
1. They are not taught nutrition and are unfamiliar with the efficacy of a plant-based approach.
2. They don’t have time for patient nutritional counseling.
3. They often lack the skill set for behavioral modification.
4. Insurance support for counseling is sparse.
5. The status quo offers a handsome income stream.
~Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, MD
Finding “good” nutritional information is difficult primarily because cultural, educational, economic, political, pharmaceutical, medical and food industry influences get in the way of consumers finding this valuable information. Read more