Executive Compensation at Carilion
Carilion is often referred to as Carilion Clinic, Carilion Health Services, or simply Carilion Services although the healthcare provider encompasses several non-profits that provide healthcare services in Virginia.
Carilion Clinic is the parent organization of the Carilion Clinic healthcare network but Carilion Services, Inc is the non-profit that compensates the executives managing the overall network. Based in Roanoke, Carilion has a network of seven hospitals and 225 practice sites staffed by more than 13,000 employees.
Carilion Services, Inc. reported having 2,411 employees who were compensated $158 million in 2017 which equates to an average compensation of $66,000. 150 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 14 most highly compensated employees listed below:
- $4,169,512: Nancy Howell Agee, President and CEO, Director
- $2,175,299: Melina D Perdue, EVP
- $ 870,736: Patrice M Weiss, EVP and Chief Medical Officer
- $ 863,595: Jean S Armentrout, Executive VP and Chief Administrative Officer, Director
- $ 785,085: Donald B Halliwell, EVP and CFO, Director
- $ 736,912: Steven C Arner, EVP and COO
- $ 605,401: Curtis Mills, SVP
- $ 596,429: Stephen A Morgan, SVP
- $ 539,287: Robert Vaughn Jr, Treasurer
- $ 532,449: Carolyn H Chrisman, SVP
- $ 530,364: Kerri L Thornton, Director
- $ 522,091: Nicholas C Conte, EVP and General Counsel
- $ 409,624: Keith Perry, SVP, CIO
- $ 201,069: David S Hagadorn, Asst Treasurer
8 of the 15 (53%) of the most highly compensated employees are male while 7 (47%) are female. 5 of the 10 most highly compensated employees are male while 5 are female. The most highly compensated employee is the President and CEO, a female.
The Form 990 reports the organization pays for tax indemnification and gross up payments. See Schedule J, Part III, Supplemental Information of the Form 990 (click here) for more detailed information.