Executive Compensation at St Luke’s Health System (Boise, ID)
St. Luke’s Health System (SLHS) is a tax-exempt non-profit healthcare provider based in Boise, Idaho that is most well known for its flagship medical center – St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center – although there are numerous healthcare provider sites.
Governed by 16 directors, 10 of whom are independent, SLHS board makeup consists of 12 males and 4 females.
16,897 employees received $402 million in compensation, which equates to an average compensation of $24,000, which appears low compared to other non-profit healthcare providers. However, 1,550 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 13 most highly compensated reported to be:
- $8,564,141: David C Pate, President and CEO
- $1,195,932: Jeffrey S Taylor, SVP, CFO, Treasurer
- $ 801,517: Chris Roth, SVP, COO
- $ 779,660: David K Seppi, VP, Executive Medical Director
- $ 726,857: James Souza, Chief Medical Officer
- $ 658,257: Christine Neuhoff, VP, Legal Affairs, Secretary
- $ 617,448: Pamela Lindemoen, VP, Acute Care Services
- $ 595,617: Barton F Hill, VP Chief Quality Officer
- $ 478,772: Kathryn Bertany, Exec Med Dir, Children’s Services
- $ 475,011: Philip Johnson, VP and CHRO
- $ 472,373: David Self, VP, Business and Network Development
- $ 472,360: Laura McGeorge, System Medical Director, Svc Line
- $ 371,955: Kathy Moore, Former CEO – St Luke’s West Regional
The 13 most highly compensated employees received more than $16 million with more than half to David C Pate, the President and CEO.
8 of the 13 (62%) most highly compensated employees are male while 5 (38%) are male.
SLHS made gross up payments and provided tax indemnification. To read more about this benefit and non-qualified retirement plans and pension plans, see Form 990, Schedule J, Part III, Supplemental Information.
241 independent contractors received more than $100,000 in compensation with the five most highly compensated reported to be:
- $12 million: Compunet, Inc., of Meridian, ID for IT projects and consulting
- $ 8 million: Epic Systems Corp, of Verona, WI for IT projects and consulting
- $ 5 million: Whitecloud Analytics, of Boise, ID for healthcare analytic service
- $ 3 million: FMS Inc, of Tulsa, OK for patient A/R collection services
- $ 2 million: Himagine Solutions, Inc. of St Louis, MO for health information professional services
To read the IRS Form 990 (2018 for the year ending September 30, 2019), click here.