Executive Compensation at St Luke’s Health System (Boise, ID)
St. Luke’s Health System (SLHS) is a tax-exempt non-profit healthcare provider based in Boise, Idaho that is most well known for its flagship medical center – St. Luke’s Regional Medical Center – although there are numerous healthcare provider sites.
Governed by 16 directors, 10 of whom are independent, SLHS board makeup consists of 12 males and 4 females.
16,897 employees received $402 million in compensation, which equates to an average compensation of $24,000, which appears low compared to other non-profit healthcare providers. However, 1,550 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 13 most highly compensated reported to be:
- $8,564,141: David C Pate, President and CEO
- $1,195,932: Jeffrey S Taylor, SVP, CFO, Treasurer
- $ 801,517: Chris Roth, SVP, COO
- $ 779,660: David K Seppi, VP, Executive Medical Director
- $ 726,857: James Souza, Chief Medical Officer
- $ 658,257: Christine Neuhoff, VP, Legal Affairs, Secretary
- $ 617,448: Pamela Lindemoen, VP, Acute Care Services
- $ 595,617: Barton F Hill, VP Chief Quality Officer
- $ 478,772: Kathryn Bertany, Exec Med Dir, Children’s Services
- $ 475,011: Philip Johnson, VP and CHRO
- $ 472,373: David Self, VP, Business and Network Development
- $ 472,360: Laura McGeorge, System Medical Director, Svc Line
- $ 371,955: Kathy Moore, Former CEO – St Luke’s West Regional
The 13 most highly compensated employees received more than $16 million with more than half to David C Pate, the President and CEO.
8 of the 13 (62%) most highly compensated employees are male while 5 (38%) are male.
SLHS made gross up payments and provided tax indemnification. To read more about this benefit and non-qualified retirement plans and pension plans, see Form 990, Schedule J, Part III, Supplemental Information.
241 independent contractors received more than $100,000 in compensation with the five most highly compensated reported to be:
- $12 million: Compunet, Inc., of Meridian, ID for IT projects and consulting
- $ 8 million: Epic Systems Corp, of Verona, WI for IT projects and consulting
- $ 5 million: Whitecloud Analytics, of Boise, ID for healthcare analytic service
- $ 3 million: FMS Inc, of Tulsa, OK for patient A/R collection services
- $ 2 million: Himagine Solutions, Inc. of St Louis, MO for health information professional services
To read the IRS Form 990 (2018 for the year ending September 30, 2019), click here.
Comments are closed.