Executive Compensation at the United Negro College Fund (UNCF)
The United Negro College Fund (UNCF) is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501 (c) (3) based in Washington, DC. Established in 1944, UNCF funds scholarships for students and also scholarship funds at 37 private historically black colleges and universities (member institutions).
In 2018-2019 UNCF reported having 255 employees who received $21 million in compensation, which equates to an average compensation of $79,000. 48 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the most highly compensated employee being the President and CEO, Michael L Lomax who received $838,291 in compensation.
The 12 most highly compensated employees were reported to be:
- $838,291: Michael L Lomax, President and CEO
- $539,726: Early Reese, COO, (Treasurer until 3/17/19)
- $396,475: Maurice E Jenkins, EVP and Chief Development Officer
- $319,397: Lajuan Lyles, SVP HR and Administration
- $303,907: Lawrence Griffith, SVP Scholarships and Programs
- $266,674: Desiree C Boykin, VP, General Counsel, and Secretary
- $244,168: Brian Bridges, VP Research and Member Engagement
- $219,443: Paulette Jackson, VP, Development Headquarters
- $218,961: Richard M Shropshir, VP Marketing, Branding and Communications
- $210,320: Robert W Rucker, VP IT and Project Management Office
- $204,613: Lodriquez Murray, SVP, Public Policy and Government Affairs
- $164,065: Brandon Fitzgerald, Associate GC and Assistant Secretary
10 of the 12 (83%) most highly compensated employees are male while 2 of the 12 (17%) are female.
Non-qualified deferred compensation plans are in place for Michael Lomax (President and CEO), Early Reese (COO and Treasurer) and Maurice Jenkins (EVP and Chief Development Officer). In 2018, UNCF deferred $100,000, $87,500, and $40,000 respectively for Lomax, Reese, and Jenkins.
UNCF did not report the total number of independent contractors who received more than $100,000 in compensation. However, they did report the five most highly compensated independent contractors:
- $2,881,268: Moore Wallace DBA RR Donnelley, of Chicago, IL for direct mailing and printing
- $ 709,742: Progression Place, of Washington, DC for building maintenance
- $ 675,000: Economic Modeling LLC, of San Antonio, TX for data analytics
- $ 661,107: Vonage, of McLean, VA for cloud communication
- $ 534,099: Blackbaud, of Arlington, VA for software supplier
To read the IRS Form 990 (2018 for the year ending March 31, 2019), click here.
Comments are closed.