PlantPure Summit 2016
PlantPure Summit 2016 is a 10-day on-line series (September 7 – 16, 2016) that brings together healthcare industry experts from around the world to promote the benefits of plant-based nutrition and lifestyle changes to fight against heart disease, Type 2 diabetes, cancer, hypertension, and obesity. The summit is free and is a public service to learn more about nutrition and health so take some time, scroll through the schedule (the link is below), and listen to a few life-changing experts tell you how to lead a healthier life. 10 days. 60 speakers. 59 talks. Invaluable Information.
- Understand the truth of how numerous scientific studies now confirm that a whole foods diet composed primarily of vegetables, fruits, grains, legumes and nuts is optimal for human health.
- Discover the challenges doctors face in promoting the power of plant-based nutrition to prevent and even reverse our top chronic diseases.
- Learn how healthcare professionals and organizations are using ‘lifestyle medicine’ to transform healthcare.
- See how issues of health, ethical consumption, and sustaining the environment are inter-connected, accelerating the plant-based lifestyle movement.
Specific topics include:
- Reversing Cardiovascular Disease
- Medical Evidence of Plant-Based Nutrition
- Fighting Inflammation
- Myths of Type 2 Diabetes
- The Truth Behind Calcium and Osteoporosis
- Pills versus Procedures
- Transitioning to a Plant-Based Lifestyle
- Aligning Your Actions With Your Values
- Using Plant-Based Nutrition to Prevent and Combat Breast Cancer
- Easy Tips for Eating Plant-Based
- New Healthcare Models that Integrate Food, Fitness, and Lifestyle
- Winning at Weight Loss
Speakers include Dr. Michael Greger, MD (author of the New York Times bestseller “How Not To Die” and www.NutritionFacts.org), Dr. Neil Barnard, MD (author of “Dr. Barnard’s Program for Reversing Diabetes” and President of the Physician’s Committee For Responsible Medicine), Neil Zacharis (co-founder and Editor-in-Chief of One Green Planet), Dr. Thomas Campbell, MD (co-author of The China Study), Dr. Kim Allan Williams, MD (Chief of Cardiology at Rush University and President of the American College of Cardiology), Dr. Dean Ornish, MD, Dr. Linda Carney, MD, Dr. Ted Barnett, MD, Dr. John McDougall, MD, Dr. T. Colin Campbell, MD, Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn, MD and more.
To see a complete list of the speakers (about 6 per day) and topics, click on the following link: www.plantpuresummit.com/schedule/.
The talks are FREE to listen to and available for free for 48 hours after the talk. To register (no fee) to listen to the talks, click on the following link: www.pureplantsummit.com.