Pink Lady Chick Pea Salad
Pink Lady Chick Pea Salad is the go to salad when you want something fresh and flavorful but don’t have a lot of time. Full of crunchy fruits, vegetables, and legumes – apple, celery, red onion, and chick peas – the Pink Lady Chick Pea Salad comes together with tangy lemon juice, creamy avocado and freshly chopped cilantro. From pantry and refrigerator to the table in less than 10 minutes, this salad is filling but not heavy, and full of fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. Enjoy on a bed of lettuce or serve between two whole grain pieces of bread.
- 15-ounce can Eden Organic Chick Peas (with no salt added)
- 2 large stalks of celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 Pink Lady apple, chopped
- 1/2 Haas avocado, chopped
- 1/2 Meyer lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup fresh chopped cilantro
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Lettuce leaves
- Carrot sticks
- Drain and rinse the garbanzo beans. Place into a mixing bowl.
- Add the chopped celery and onions and stir.
- Add the chopped apple and avocado. Sprinkle the lemon juice over the mixture (the lemon juice keeps the avocado and apple from discoloring but also adds great flavor). Add the chopped cilantro. Stir the mixture to blend.
- Using a masher or a metal spoon, mash the salad about 15 times to partially smash some of it.
- Add salt and pepper to taste
- Place lettuce leaves on a plate and pile the salad on the plate. Add carrot sticks and serve.