The Silvermoon Medicine Ball
Let Food Be Thy Medicine and Let Us Celebrate Life’s Sweetness
Most great ideas and products spring from the mind of someone forward thinking which is exactly how the Silvermoon Medicine Ball came about. With the knowledge that food is medicine – particularly raw living food – and a reverence for the cacao plant and other superfoods, Stacey Aradhana Silvermoon created the ultimate nutritious and delicious raw and organic treat: the Silvermoon Medicine Ball.
When most people think of a medicine ball, they may be thinking of the big heavy ball used for strength training or rehabilitative purposes but the Silvermoon Medicine Ball is meant to be devoured (instead of lifted or thrown) to build strength and rehabilitate the body.
A Silvermoon Medicine Ball looks like a golf ball-sized chocolate truffle and the texture is that of a chocolate truffle: rich, and decadent.
The Silvermoon Medicine Ball is made of 26 ingredients – all in a 1.12 ounce ball:
- cacao powder
- cacao butter
- almond butter
- coconut butter
- coconut oil
- goji berries – a small, red berry that contains 18 amino acids
- goldenberries – a small golden berry (also known as gooseberries) full of fiber, protein, the B vitamins, A, and C
- mulberries – a sweet berry that looks like a golden blackberry and full of Vitamin C and iron
- mesquite – the sweet pod of an evergreen tree that is rich in fiber, protein, and lots of vitamins
- maca – a root vegetable and medicinal herb native to the Andes in Peru rich in calcium and potassium
- lacuma – an exotic fruit from Peru with fiber, vitamins, and minerals
- chorella – a green algae known for having chlorophyll, protein, iron, magnesium, and amino acids
- Spirulina – an algae high in protein and a good source of the B vitamins, antioxidants and other nutrients
- cacao nibs
- dried shredded coconut
- hemp seeds – high protein seeds packed with iron, omega-6, omega-3, vitamin E oils, and chlorophyll
- bee pollen – the pollen produced by flowers that honey bees gather and bring to the hive
- cat’s claw – a vine with thorns grown in tropical climates that has stimulates the immune system
- pau d’arco – a plant native to the Amazon Rainforest believed to be antibacterial, antifungal, and anti inflammatory
- camu camu – a fruit packed with vitamin C
- milk thistle – a plant with antioxidant properties
- vanilla bean
- Himalayan crystal salt
Bite into a big creamy Silvermoon Medicine Ball and taste all the flavors that blend perfectly together. The base of the ball is cacao, almond butter, and coconut butter to which the other raw and organic ingredients are added. In the center of the ball is a sweet golden berry filling that adds a fruity flavor to the dark chocolate and nut butter base.
Silvermoon Medicine Balls can be purchased on-line at the company’s website: www.silvermoonchocolate.com where each 1.12 ounce individually wrapped Silvermoon Medicine Ball is $3.50. Or, if your travels take you to Asheville, Whole Foods Market and about a dozen other stores (click here for the list) carry them in the refrigerated section (the 5-pack Silvermoon Medicine Balls are $15.49). Store in the refrigerator until ready to enjoy.