Executive Compensation at the ASPCA
The ASPCA is a New York-based non-profit that raises about $200 million a year and has about $230 million in net fund assets. With 1,177 employees that cost the organization nearly $80 million a year (an average of $68,000 each), the ASPCA focuses on animal welfare.
The IRS Form 990 (2016) reports that 161 individuals received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 15 most highly compensated individuals listed below:
- $463,651: Mathew Bershadker, President and CEO
- $346,522: Elizabeth Estroff, SVP, Communications
- $344,666: Todd Hendricks, SVP, Development and Marketing
- $324,141: J’Mai Gayle, Director, Surgery
- $318,898: Julie Morris, SVP, Community Outreach
- $303,921: Sarah Levin Goodstine, SVP, Operations and Strategy
- $300,971: Stephen J Musso, EVP, Capital Projects and Facilities
- $291,206: Jed Rogers III, DVM, SVP, Animal Health Services (to 9/9/16)
- $282,635: Stacy Wolf, SVP, Anti-Cruelty Group
- $265,370: Nancy Perry, Government Relations
- $260,728: Randall Lockwood, SVP, Forensic Science and Anti-Cruelty
- $258.420: Beverly Jones, SVP, Chief Legal Officer
- $250,337: Gail Buchwald, SVP, Adoptions and NYC No-Kill
- $249,969: Bert Troughton, SVP, Animal Health Services
- $224,183: Johanna Richman, SVP and CFO (to 10/21/16)
The above 15 individuals (6 men and 9 women) received a total of $4.5 million.
It is also important to note:
Jed Rogers III received $28,539 in severance upon his departure.
Stephen J Musso received $6,159 in discretionary income from the organization.
To read the IRS Form 990 (2016), click here.