Executive Compensation at Oceana
Ocean is a non-profit, tax-exempt 501 (c) (3) based in Washington, DC although the organization has offices worldwide. In 2017, Ocean raised $48 million and spent $38 million, leaving $10 million added to the general fund (or what is often referred to as the endowment) which had $38 million at year-end.
In 2017, Ocean had 167 employees who were compensated $19 million, which equates to an average compensation of $114,000. 28 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation with the 12 most highly compensated employees listed below:
- $411,262: Andrew F Sharpless, CEO
- $333,464: James F Simon, President and General Counsel
- $285,826: Michael F Hirshfield, Chief Scientist and Strategy Officer
- $257,687: Christopher M Sharkey, CFO
- $236,674: Jacqueline Savitz, SVP United States
- $236,027: Mathew M Littlejohn, SVP Strategic Marketing and Communications
- $216,694: Lars Gustavsson, SVP Europe
- $213,570: Nancy Golden, VP of Development
- $198,011: Eric Bilsky, Senior Attorney and Asst General Counsel
- $195,378: Monica Peres, VP Brazil
- $182,276: Susan Murray, Deputy VP Pacific
- $158,554: Patricia Majulf, VP Peru
Nearly $3 million in compensation was provided to the 12 most highly compensated employees, which equates to an average compensation of $250,000. If total compensation was adjusted to exclude the most highly compensated employees, than 155 employees were compensated $16 million which equates to an average compensation of $103,000.
7 of the 12 (58%) most highly compensated employees are male while 5 of the 12 (42%) are female. 4 of the 5 most highly compensated employees are male while 1 is a female.
To read the IRS Form 990 (2017), click here.