Executive Compensation at Feed the Children (2021)
Feed the Children (FTC) is a tax-exempt non-profit 501 (c) (3) based in Oklahoma City, OK. Established in 1979, FTC is primarily engaged in obtaining and distributing food, medicine, and clothing to those in need through grants, primarily to non-profits in the USA.
FTC is governed by 12 independent voting members (directors) of the governing body (Board of Directors) (although the Form 990 lists 13 directors, 10 (77%) of whom are male and 3 (23%) whom are female.
In 2021, FTC reported total revenue of $599 million (compared to $467 million in 2020). Most revenue (90%) – $530 million – were non-cash contributions. The $69 million in cash revenue came from contributions ($52 million), gains on the sale of assets ($16 million), and investment/other income ($1 million),
In 2021, FTC collected $69 million in cash contributions, gifts, and grants and gains/investment income and spent $40 million on organization expenses and $7 million on cash grants, leaving $22 million in cash revenue added to the general fund along with the $38 million of non-cash contributions.
Of the $40 million in organization expenses, $17 million was used to compensate the 230 employees (an average of $74,000). 11 employees received more than $100,000 in compensation:
- $381,792: Travis Arnold, Director, CEO
- $235,600: Christy Tharp, CFO
- $231,187: Gary Sloan, COO
- $217,136: Mike Panas, CIO
- $202,926: Bob Thomas, CAO
- $183,991: Seintje Veldhuis, Regional Director, Africa
- $200,183: Becky Graninger, Chief Development and Marketing Officer
- $187,003: Scott Killough, SVP, International Ops
- $160,568: Nancy Rew, VP of Marketing
- $155,290: Todd Thompson, Country Director, Chief of Party
- $154,506: David Walters, VP, Development
8 of the 11 (73%) most highly compensated employees are male while 3 of the 11 (27%) are female.
5 independent contractors received more than $100,000 in compensation:
- $377,599: Hogan Taylor, of Lowell, AR for audit and tax services
- $229,340 Mark Weimer PC, of Oklahoma City, OK for legal services
- $155,527: The Cosby Harrison Co, of Crossville, TN for contract/prof services
- $120,000: Triple J Consulting, of Reno, OK for contractor consulting
- $102,639: Crowell and Moring, of Baltimore, MD for international consulting
To read the IRS Form 990 (2020 for the year ending June 30, 2021), click here.