So Delicious Cashew Milk “Ice Cream”
For the past several years, most non-dairy ice cream has been made from coconut milk, which is delicious but you have to like coconut because no matter what the flavor is, coconut tends to dominate. Recently So Delicious – a leader in non-dairy products – released a line of cashew milk frozen desserts that taste just like ice cream. They can’t call it ice cream because there are no dairy products used to make it but trust me, it’s ice cream.
- Dark Chocolate Truffle: Fudge and premium dark chocolate pieces folded into chocolate “ice cream” made with cashew milk.
- Creamy Cashew: A creamy, rich vanilla “ice cream” made fair-trade vanilla.
- Salted Caramel Cluster: Dark chocolate covered roasted cashews and ribbons of salted caramel ribbons folded into vanilla “ice cream.”
- Cappuccino: A creamy coffee “ice cream” made with fair trade coffee beans and a touch of cinnamon.
- Snickerdoodle: For those who love cookie dough ice cream, this is the real deal. Cashew milk “ice cream” folded with cinnamon and chunks of snickerdoodle cookie dough.
Salted Caramel Cluster seems to be the most popular flavor (judging by its disappearance from grocery store shelves as quickly as they are stocked) but Dark Chocolate Truffle is decadent and reminds me of the ice cream of my youth (Haagan Daz). Grab a spoon and dig in.
So Delicious Cashew Milk Frozen Desserts are available nationwide at grocery stores including Shop Rite, Whole Foods, Walmart and more. To find a retailer, use the store finder service on the company’s website (www.sodeliciousdairyfree.com). Each pint is $5-$6, depending on the retailer. If not in stock, ask customer service to stock these delicious ice creams.