The Coconut Sugar Peanut Butter Cup
The peanut butter cup is one of America’s fave treats for good reason: rich, creamy peanut butter enrobed in luscious chocolate is an unbeatable combination loved by adults and children alike. There’s really nothing quite like a peanut butter cup, especially one made by Eat Chic Chocolates of Brooklyn, New York.
The company’s classic peanut butter cup – the Peanut Butter Cup with Sea Salt (made with 71% dark chocolate) – is exquisite but its the Coconut Sugar Peanut Butter Cup that’s garnering lots of attention. Why you ask? Because this peanut butter cup has only 2 grams of sugar (unrefined coconut sugar) per peanut butter cup (compared to 8 grams in the same sized Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup).
The Coconut Sugar Peanut Butter Cup is a healthier and more delicious version of the quintessential peanut butter cup, especially if your passion is for dark chocolate and a peanut butter cup that isn’t overly sweet.
These peanut butter cups are made with 3 major ingredients:
- 79% dark chocolate by Raako (a chocolate maker in Brooklyn who makes every bar from scratch using unroasted cacao beans) that contains organic unroasted cacao beans, organic yacon (a sweet tasting root that looks like a sweet potato) organic cacao butter, and organic vanilla bean);
- organic peanut butter (made from organic peanuts, organic unrefined coconut sugar, pink Himalayan salt, organic vanilla powder); and
- Maldon sea salt
The Coconut Sugar Peanut Butter Cup is vegan, gluten-free, palm oil-free, soy-free, and refined sugar-free.
Eat Chic Chocolates also makes a Coconut Sugar Almond Butter Cup, made with:
- 79% dark chocolate (organic unroasted cacao beans, organic yacon, organic cacao butter, and organic vanilla bean);
- almond butter (made with organic almonds, organic unrefined coconut sugar, Pink Himalayan sea salt, and organic vanilla powder); and
- organic slivered almonds
Of course, there is also the classic Peanut Butter Cup with Sea Salt by Eat Chic Chocolates. These traditional peanut butter cups are made with:
- 71% dark chocolate by Raaka (organic unraosted cacao beans, organic cane sugar, organic maple sugar, and organic cacao butter);
- peanut butter (made with organic peanuts, organic powdered sugar, organic brown sugar, pink Himalayan salt, and vanilla extract); and
- Maldon sea salt
The best way to buy these peanut butter and/or almond cups is directly from Eat Chic Chocolates via their on-line store. 15 individually wrapped peanut butter or almond butter cups in a gift box, beautifully wrapped with a black bow is $35. But, there are lots of purchasing options on the site. The company has a $10 flat rate shipping but all orders over $100 ship free. Go to www.eatchic.nyc.
Comments are closed.
Great post 🙂