Chocolate Chip Cookies
Finding the right chocolate chip cookie recipe is no easy feat because everyone has their preferences: some like thick cookies (me), others crisp. My husband prefers semi-sweet chocolate chips while I prefer dark chocolate chips and my daughter prefers both. Eight recipes later a recipe emerged that pleases almost everyone. My friend, Bill says the cookies are better but not quite crunchy enough. The recipe is a variation on “Nigella’s Chocolate Chip Cookies”:
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly.
- Add the salt, sugars and blend for 2 minutes on medium high speed with an electric mixer.
- Blend in the vanilla and the eggs and blend for 2 minutes on high with an electric mixer (very important for thick cookies).
- Mix the flour and baking soda and add to the liquid ingredients and blend for 1-2 minute on mediums speed.
- Blend in the chips with a spatula.
- Scoop tablespoon size balls of dough onto a parchment paper lined cookie sheet.
- Bake at 325 for 13 minutes.
- Make sure to use light brown sugar, NOT dark brown sugar.
- Make sure your oven is at 325 degrees as the cookies will overcook at 350 degrees.
- Don’t overcook the cookies. The cookies will be light-colored and the faintest brown at the edges.