Made in Nature Pineapple
Made in Nature Pineapples are grown on organic farms in the rich and fertile volcanic valley above the cloud forests in Costa Rica. Moist and chewy with the bold flavor of the tropics in which the pineapples are grown, Made in Nature Pineapple has one ingredient: organic dried pineapple pieces.
Naturally sweet with no added sweeteners, preservatives, or artificial colors, the dried unsulfured bite-sized golden pineapple morsels are simply delicious. One bite (which is hard to do because the pineapple is addicting) of this wholesome and nutritious fruit will convince you that Made in Nature makes the best dried pineapple on the market.
The dried pineapple is delicious right from the bag but the pieces can also be sprinkled on granola, added to a homemade trail mix, or included in baked goods (i.e. breads, muffins, and cookies). For a special treat, consider dipping the pineapple chunks into melted dark chocolate. Bite-sized, dark chocolate covered dried pineapple pieces are easy to make but take some time because the pieces are small so there is a lot of repetition. However, the effort is so worth the prize at the end.
Dark Chocolate Covered Dried Pineapple
- 12 ounces of dark chocolate (I use Theo Chocolate 70% or 85%)
- 1 16-ounce bag of Made in Nature Pineapple
- Break the chocolate into small pieces and place in a small pan on very low heat on the stove (my stove has Low, 1 -9 and High and I use Low). Stir occasionally and allow the chocolate to melt (about 15-20 minutes).
- Open the bag of dried pineapple pieces and pull apart the bunches of dried pineapple, separating the large pieces. Some of the pieces are very small so take 3-6 of the small pieces and press together to make a disc-like piece big enough to dip.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Dip each pineapple piece (s) into the chocolate leaving the tip plain.
- Place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet (the chocolate looks milky but darkens as it hardens).
- Refrigerate for 15-20 minutes or until the chocolate hardens.
- Lift the pineapple pieces off the parchment paper (the pieces will come right off) and place in a plastic container.
- Store in the refrigerator until ready to eat. Take out 10 minutes prior to serving.
Made in Nature Pineapple is available in 3 ounce bags at grocery stores nationwide including Whole Foods for about $5 per bag. The 16 ounce bags can be purchased from Amazon for about $14, with free shipping for Prime members or purchase directly from the Made in Nature at www.madeinnature.com.