Imagine having a husband who creates chocolate for you (I have but always wake up and realize it was just a dream). For Shari Apotheker it’s a reality: her husband, Russell first created chocolate for her when he was tinkering in the kitchen trying to come up with a wholesome chocolate bar using carefully selected ingredients. His sincere wish to create a chocolate bar free of refined sugar, soy, dairy, and artificial colors and flavors led them to create a variety of chocolate bars to sweeten your life, too.
Apotheker’s Kitchen relies on single origin Dominican cacao (directly traded, organic and kosher certified) and raw tupelo honey (from a small apiary that never treats their bees with antibiotics or chemicals) to formulate their chocolate (79% dark) which is then made into bars. The five varieties include:
- Classic Dark: A true classic chocolate bar made with organic cocoa liquor, organic cocoa butter, raw honey, non-GMO sunflower lecithin,and organic vanilla powder. Rich and smooth like a chocolate bar should be.
- Cashew & Sea Salt: Roasted cashews are blended into 79% dark chocolate to create this delicious bar that is both sweet and salty.
- Cherry & Almond: Naturally sweet, tart dried cherries and crunchy almond slices blended with 79% dark chocolate make for a truly decadent chocolate bar.
- Mint: Organic mint essential oil is blended with 79% dark chocolate to create this refreshing chocolate bar that is the perfect after dinner treat.
- Spicy Triple Pepper: A blend of three peppers – cayenne, ancho, and habanero – combined with 79% dark chocolate provide a healthy dose of heat in this dark chocolate bar. Made for those who like a little spice in their life.
Each 3.5 ounce wrapped and boxed bar sells for $8.49 and makes a wonderful Valentine’s Day gift. To purchase on-line, go to the company website: www.apothekerskitchen.com. All orders over $25 placed by February 14th, will include a free box of Chocolate Topped Mallows: pillowy vanilla marshmallows topped with the company’s classic 79% bee-sweetened dark chocolate.